Is there a way to search for duplicate records in Notepad++?
Adam Buxbaum last edited by
I currently and using Notepad++ to review user files before uploading into our provisioning system and I was curious if there was a way to search for duplicates (emails, UID’s, etc…) within Notepad++ or do I have to save the file and review it in excel to do this?
All assistance is greatly appreciated.
tomas-chrastina last edited by tomas-chrastina
I don’t think there is a way in meaning of search. If you don’t think like use Smart Highlighting, CTRL+F3 or just search.
But there’s a way to remove duplicates from simple list without excel (I use it a lot). So if you have simple list of values:
value1 value2 value2 value3 value2
you can simply get list of unique values:
value1 value2 value3
- You need plugin TextFX Characters
- Backup your current editing file !!!
- Set TextFX: Menu -> TextFX -> TextFX Tools:
✓ +Sort ascending
✓ +Sort outputs only UNIQUE (at column) lines
- Select text
- Use one of the actions: Menu -> TextFX -> TextFX Tools:
a) Sort lines case sensitive (at column)
b) Sort lines case insensitive (at column)
- Remember to DISABLE option +Sort outputs only UNIQUE (at column) lines, so you won’t lose data when just sorting later!
Still it won’t work for some complex multi-column data, where only Excel filters/remove duplicates of specific data will help.
rajeshp2408 last edited by
Thanks really helped…:-)