XML tools

• @oryz said:

It would be nice if NPP Plugin Admin would notify the user when it fails to connect to the plugin repository.

Yes, you are right. Unfortunately proper error handling of PluginsAdmin and WinGup (the actual updater application) has not been in the scope of @donho yet.

• Hi,
    I also have XMLTools folder under plugin Folder
    %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Notepad++\plugins\XMLTools\

Content :
    change.log
    libiconv-2.dll
    libwinpthread-1.dll
    libxml2-2.dll
    libxslt-1.dll
    XMLTooIs.dIl
    zlib1.dll

When I start NPP I see “XML Tools” under Plugins but behind i got entry “How to install”
    *XML Tools
    Unable to load IibXML and/or IibXSLT.

Please install extern DLLs into NPP root directory
    (same directory than Notepad++.exe) or in
    ‘%appdata%\Notepad++’ folder and restart NPP.

These libraries are available in the sublolder
    “ext_libs” of xmltools zip archive.*
    I put the dlls also on %appdata%\Notepad++ and C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++
    Can someone help me please!

• @Tokira67

If you use Notepad++ v7.5.9 or older, all the companion DLL files have to be stored under %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Notepad++.

If you use Notepad++ v7.6.3 or newer, all the companion DLL files have to be stored under %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Notepad++\plugins\XMLTools\libs.

• Running Notepad++ v7.7.1 (64-bit) I used the plugin manager to download the Xml Tools and the full menu comes up but the Tag auto-close fails to work. I have tried numerous of the ‘fixes’ to no avail.

• @Lyle-Anderson

looks like it suffers from the same issues other 64bit plugins do, namely, using
    the outdated notification structure.
    Fastest workaround, use a 32bit npp together with xml tools.
    (Portable aka zipped version can run together with an installed version)
    Report an issue here.