Notepad++ 7.8 Release Candidate
7.8 RC is available for testing here:
Notepad++ v7.8 enhancements and bug-fixes:
- Upgrade Scintilla from 4.1.4 to 4.2.0
- Fix non Unicode encoding problem in non-Western language(Chinese or in Turkish).
- Add “No to All” and “Yes to All” options in Save dialog.
- Add the command line argument “-openFoldersAsWorkspace” to open folders in “folder as workspace” panel.
Example: notepad++ -openFoldersAsWorkspace c:\src\myProj01 c:\src\myProj02
- Enhance plugin system: allow any plugin to load private DLL files from the plugin folder.
- Fix File-Rename failing when new name is on a different drive.
- Make “Clear all marks”, “Inverse Bookmark”, “Remove Consecutive Duplicate Lines” & “Find All Current Document” to be macro recordable.
- Make “Command Argument Help” MessageBox modal.
- Fix Folder as Workspace crash and “queue overflow” issues.
- Make Combobox font monospace in Find dialog.
- Fix folding in user-defined languages for non-windows line endings.
- Fix crash of Folder as Workspace when too many directory changes happen.
- Fix ‘-nosession’ overwrites config.xml issue.
- Fix the crash due to NPPM_DESTROYSCINTILLAHANDLE message.*
- Improve GUI in Find dialog for Find Previous & Find Next buttons.
- Fix Sort Line as Integer regression.
- Add more OS information to debug info.
- Fix tab dragging issues under WINE and ReactOS.
- Fix indent indicators continue to following code blocks for Python.
- Fix Python folding collapse issue.
- Fix crash when sorting “out of range” columns.
- Fix find 2 times for the same occurrence in both original and cloned documents issue.
- Fix command line issues where filenames have multiple white spaces in them.
- Fix Document Peeker constantly changing focus problem.
- Make backward direction checkbox be also on Find dialog’s Mark tab.
- Add 2 new columns for HTML Code in the Character Panel.
- Fix “clear all marks in find dialog also removes bookmarks” issue.
- Enhance supported language (on function list or auto-completion): LISP, BaanC,(PL/)SQL & COBOL.
Thank you for your testing :)
could you please also make a new release for nppPluginList .
Good point ! Will do ASAIC.
The 64 bit 7z and ZIP packages contain a 32 bit version of the NppExport plugin which causes an error at Npp startup.
The 64 bit installer contains no NppExport plugin at all.
Maybe not a defect per se, but it definitely adds “interest” when the language file version numbers don’t correspond to the Notepad++ version (and sometimes refer to versions that never existed!); example from N++ v.7.7.1 and v.7.8(rc1):
@Alan-Kilborn It depends on the person who makes the localization of this language, donho does not do this))