Unable to install Compare Plugin

• Hi,

I have just install the latest version 7.8.1. The issue now is that I am not able to install the Compare Plugin. 

I have copied the full set of compare plugins to %AppUser%/AppData/Local/Notepad++/plugins, as well as that of Roaming, as suggested [here](https://community.notepad-plus-plus.org/topic/16629/notepad-7-6-and-the-plugin-textfx/23). I am still not Compare option in Notepad++.

Please advise where have I gone wrong.

Regards.

• Hi @tan-ts ,

Open Notepad++, open the PluginsAdmin from Plugins menu, select Compare plugin and click Install.
    Notepad++ will restart and you should have the plugin in the menu.

BR

• @tan-ts said in Unable to install Compare Plugin:

latest version 7.8.1.

%install dir%\plugins\name\name.dll
    %install dir%\plugins\Compare\Compare.dll

• @pnedev said in Unable to install Compare Plugin:

Hi @tan-ts ,

Open Notepad++, open the PluginsAdmin from Plugins menu, select Compare plugin and click Install.
    Notepad++ will restart and you should have the plugin in the menu.

BR

I tried. After I click the “Install”, notepad++ will close, and I saw the popup displaying the downloading of plugin. But I do not see any progress, and it will close and start up notepad++ again. I still do not see the “Compare” plugin in the menu.

• I managed to see the “Compare” in the menu finally. Have to manually put the “ComparePlugin.dll” into the %install_dir%\plugins\Compare directory.