Disable autodetect syntax by content
I used the same source you did
I see 7.8.5 on the your screen.
For me - issues with .wsc files happened om all version till 7.8.4.
The same as on the presentation from @PeterJones
@Ekopalypse maybe something with the Settings in Preferences? maybe there is checkbox that can disable autodetect while switching between Tabs?
I found additional info.
This is not related to WSC extension.
The same happened with [New] file w/o saving - on the switch between Tabs will be same.
- create 2 new tabs w/o saving
- place <?xml version=“1.0”?> content into first Tab
- switch to VB language
- switch between Tabs
- its again xml language switched
how disable in the options - auto choosing syntax?
I just tried a fresh portable 7.8.5 RC1 and it matched your experience rather than my previous experience.
Weird. A fresh portable 7.8.4 also matched your experience. But if I go back to my customized 7.8.4 portable (which I normally use), then it shows what Ihor and I have been seeing.
There must be a setting or plugin that’s causing this discrepancy. I’ll do some more investigation and post again later.
My workhorse is 7.8.2 and it doesn’t happen.
@Ihor-Laputin - I’m not aware that any of the settings is dedicated to this
but maybe a combination of different settings or a side effect of one setting is responsible for our different behavior.
@PeterJones - if it is a plugin, then it might XMLTools, I will give it a try
on my side as well.
Yes, if XMLTools is used and the option Set XML type automatically is set, then this happens.
@Ihor-Laputin , do you use XMLTools plugin?
@PeterJones YES! Man - its was good idea about plugin!!!
When you say plugin… I am going to check plugins that I have installed, and found [XML Tool 2.4.11]
that has has few settings. Only one option made this issues [Set XML type automatically] when this options is disabled - issue with autoswitching fixed.
Big thanks @PeterJones ))))
Well, I was working on confirming that disabling XML Tools worked for me when @Ekopalypse posted. Then I was working on confirming that disabling Set XML type automatically worked for me when @Ihor-Laputin posted.
I will just say “yep, those fixes work for me, too”, rather than all the details that used to be in this post-in-progress. :-)
I am use XML tools everytime and in this case have this issues with WCS files few years as min.
Few years I have a problem with this and everyday used “Alt+L , V” … every day … few years… maybe I am crazy… I checked Editor settings a 1000 times …
… now I am FREEEEeeeeee … ))) I need to drink. Thanks a lot to all … today my new HB day ))))