Seems to be a bug in the Find All functionality
I’ve just tried Notepad++ 7.8.5 32-bit with several Cyrillic text files, then tried Notepad++ 7.6.6 32-bit with the same text files - and came to the following conclusion:
- the searching (Find All) in non-Latin ANSI text files with long lines (longer than 600 characters) was always broken!
Here are the steps to reproduce:
- Have several ANSI files with non-Latin characters (I tried Cyrillic text files with Windows-1251 encoding) and long lines (more than 600 characters)
- Open these files in Notepad++
- Search for some non-Latin word using either “Find All in All Opened Documents” or “Find All in Current Document”
- Once a matching word is found in a line that is more than 600 characters long, there are two defects:
- Notepad++ is not able to show this line in the Search Results correctly: this line is either unexpectedly truncated (without the trailing “…”) or is ended with a square (unreadable) symbol;
- Notepad++ does not jump to the matching word when double-clicking this line in the Search Results (well, sometimes Notepad++ succeeds with it - when the matching word is near the beginning of the line; but it does not succeed when the matching word is closer to the end of the line).
I’ve created the corresponding issue on GitHub:
It contains two test files attached, as well as two words to be searched for to reproduce the issue in the whole scope.