"Play Macro Exception" in NPP v7.8.5.

• Hi,

Since I have installed the latest version the macro engine doesnt work anymore!
    With every macri I run I get the error:

Play Macro Exception

Internal error: unknown saved command!

OK

In the former version v7.8.4. this problem does not exist (macros runs well).

Please solve this!

bye bye
    Geerts

• Hello @geertsj, and All,

In your macro, probably some values are incorrect. The value of the lParam attribute, in the last line of your macros should be 1 !

<Macro name="xxxxxxxxxxx" Ctrl="no" Alt="no" Shift="no" Key="0">
                <Action type="3" message="1700" wParam="0" lParam="0" sParam="" />
                ....................................................................
                <Action type="3" message="1702" wParam="0" lParam="N" sParam="" />
                <Action type="3" message="1701" wParam="0" lParam="1" sParam="" />
            </Macro>

Refer to this other post, below, and all the following ones for further information :

https://community.notepad-plus-plus.org/post/51407

A fix of that issue, from @don-ho, will come with the next release !

Also, in summary, presently :

• If the value of lParam is 1723, in the 1701 message : change this value 1723 to 1 and make sure that the 1702 message contains a 512 bitweighting, in number N ( Forward search )

• If the value of lParam is 1721, in the 1701 message : change this value 1721 to 1 and make sure that the 1702 message does not contain a 512 bitweighting, in number N ( Backward search )

Best Regards,

guy038