Notepad++ 7.8.9 RC 2
Fix from 7.8.9 RC: The version number in About box is fixed.
Notepad++ v7.8.9 Enhancements & bug-fixes:
- Fix Line operations (join lines, split lines, remove duplicate lines and sort lines) doing one too many lines issue.
- Fix the regression of jump line failure via command line (-n).
- Fix URL Hovered colour disappears after modifying any Clickable Link Settings regression.
- Fix URL is not clickable in certain stuation while wrapped is enabled.
- Fix “Save” not working in Windows dialog.
- Fix Flickering cursor after double clicking a found line in find results.
- Fix Found line may not be centered by double clicking in find results, if word wrap is on.
- Fix wrong horizontal scroll bar position after restoring Window position.
- Fix Find result window output TAB-width incoherent issue.
No news, good news.
v7.8.9 will be out in few hours.
ArkadiuszMichalski last edited by
@donho What is the practice of adding translations if the RC version already appears? The translation file will no longer be added to the stable version? I’m asking because I do not know exactly when to translate file to be included before the stable version appears. Doing a translation before RC we risk that something new may appear. Making a translation after RC version looks late because it’s not included in the stable version. Would adding only translation files after releasing the RC version (plus obvious bugs), but before the stable version appeared, would it make sense?
What is the practice of adding translations if the RC version already appears?
Translation files are included before doing RC, since RC means “Release Candidate”, and once RC is validated by the community (ie. no regression reported), the tested binaries are kept for the release (there are some exceptions though). The updated translation files come after RC will be included in the next release.