Notepad++ v7.8.9 released
Notepad++ v7.8.9 release note:
Notepad++ v7.8.9 Enhancements & bug-fixes:
- Fix Line operations (join lines, split lines, remove duplicate lines and sort lines) doing one too many lines issue.
- Fix the regression of jump line failure via command line (-n).
- Fix URL Hovered colour disappears after modifying any Clickable Link Settings regression.
- Fix URL is not clickable in certain stuation while wrapped is enabled.
- Fix “Save” not working in Windows dialog.
- Fix Flickering cursor after double clicking a found line in find results.
- Fix Found line may not be centered by double clicking in find results, if word wrap is on.
- Fix wrong horizontal scroll bar position after restoring Window position.
- Fix Find result window output TAB-width incoherent issue.
FYI, the auto-updating for Notepad++ v7.8.9 is triggered.
ImSpecial last edited by
What pissed it off?
senselocke last edited by
I was having the issue of Plugins Admin opening, letting me see the list, check boxes, and install, but NPP closing and not re-opening, and on manual restart nothing was loaded. I had to manually run the ‘/updater/GUP.exe’ updater program, and clear it with Windows UAC (Uncheck “Always ask this” in the window and click ‘Run’). Now the Plugins Admin installs, NPP restarts, and the plugin is added.
I have tested Notepad++ 7.8.9 32 bits version under Windows 10 64 bits, installing a plugin with PluginAdmin works fine for me (Notepad++ restarted as expected and plugin was installed).
The reason of GUP problem I can see is downloading failure, so could you provide me the name of plugin you want to install so I can reproduce the bug?
Vitaliy Dovgan last edited by
Is it only me - or the “Folder as Workspace” in Notepad++ 7.8.9 (32-bit) does not restore the last selected item in its TreeView correctly?
And I can see that the value of ‘latestSelectedItem’ is correct in the “config.xml” after Notepad++ exits. But then I restart Notepad++ and it does not select the item according to the ‘latestSelectedItem’ value.
Could you provide me the detail to reproduce the bug please?
Ekopalypse last edited by
ArkadiuszMichalski last edited by ArkadiuszMichalski
I also saw this strange behaviour, but no one react. I don’t know if this remembering ever worked.
This is “forgotten” feature which is just implemented:
It’ll be in next release.