Why is it so hard to deploy Notepad++ in an enterprise environment?
- I want to silently install Notepad++.
- I want to be able to configure the proxy setting when deploying. (Ideally it should use the proxy of Internet Explorer since we use Auto-detect and sometimes we don’t use the proxy)
- I want users to be able to install plugins without having to be admins.
Only the first point I can do. I also found some useful info here:
But why in gods name does this have to be this complicated?
Unfortunately the info in the link does not seem to work for me. (It does work, but when I install a plugin when I have the doLocalConf.xml file, it gives me a Hash mismatch error)
My 2 questions:
- How do I configure the proxy? Where is this setting saved? (File? Registry?)
- How do I give users without admin rights the permission to install plugins?
I might be late because this topic is old but i found something for me:
Open CMD, browse to:
Run GUP -options
You will be prompted for Proxy Information. This will create a File called
It contains the proxy information as following.
Hope that helps some other IT Admins