Grouping of file tabs ?

• Hi !

So recently, I found this Add to group feature a lot useful in Chrome for grouping unnecessary but should-be-open tabs.
    Simply put, I am requesting the same feature in Notepad++.

For example, I have these files open always:
    The tabs I have open always
    The new 2.txt and new 1 are for temporary usage like dumping important, currently-working CSS and JS when I must close my PC.
    We currently have a rewrite project going on…
    ttFaction.js is a v5 file(old version).
    manifest.json, globalData.js, ttCompanyLastAction.js, settings.html and jshint.json are for the rewrite and v6(new version).
    tags and tagmaker are scripts for my personal project.
    new.cpp, new 2.cpp are for another C++ project that (I think, as I am trying to learn C++) I am going to complete anytime soon.

The only problem with closing those extra tabs like a normal person, is that I don’t know where those files are now and the current position of the files/tabs on Notepad++ is really comfortable to work and I don’t want to lose it.

I am looking forward to this feature being added to Notepad++.

Regards,
    Sashank999.

• And I forgot to add this, if there is anyway to reopen a closed session with same state and order of files, I would like to follow if it works.

• @Sashank999 ,

I am looking forward to this feature being added to Notepad++.

see FAQ: Feature Request for how to make feature requests (hint, this forum is not the place)

if there is anyway to reopen a closed session with same state and order of files, I would like to follow if it works.

If you manually save the session, then you can later load that specific session at any time you want.