8.1.4 Release Cadidate
8.1.4 Release Cadidate is available for testing:
Notepad++ v8.1.4 new features, enhancements & bug-fixes:
- Fix regression of find/replace and file open performance issue. (Fix #10398, #10296, #10260)
- Make dark mode compatible with Windows 11. (Fix #10299)
- Make current existing plugins’ toolbar icons display in both light and dark mode. (Fix #9959, #10388, #9809)
- Support TypeScript language (syntax highlighting, auto-completion & function list). (Implement #10353)
- Fix security flaw issue in uninstaller. (Fix #10191, #6165)
- Add Insert Date Time commands for both short & long format. (Implement #497, #2821, #8184, #8302)
- Fix file dialog append extension issue with RTL languages. (Fix #10397)
- Fix Find-in-Files “Follow current doc” not working issue when Default Directory is set. (Fix #8045)
- Enhance dialogs visual look & feel. (Fix #10384)
- Fix LICENSE text display problem in installer. (Fix #10370)
The new release will be available in about 3-7 days if no regression found.
This post is deleted!
I very much appreciate #3 (falling back to old-style icons when a plugin doesn’t supply the new structure).
I just stumbled on the fact that in the 8.1.4 64bit portable download, the
overrideMap.xmldoesn’t list the new
typescriptas ID=85; when I look at commit
9a3152f, it shows that line added to
PowerEditor/installer/filesForTesting/overrideMap.xmlbut not to
It’s not a critical regression – but if you end up having to do a second RC anyway, it would be good to make the change in the other overrideMap, so it gets distributed.
Other than that, I haven’t found a problem yet.
Thank you for your heads up.
A PR has been created, and it’ll be in the next (8.1.5) release:
It seems this RC is quite reliable, the release will be available within 1 day.
Thank you for your test!