Notepad++ 8.1.6 Release Candidate
Notepad++ v8.1.6 Release Candidate is available for testing:
This release is trying to fix 2 long time unfixed issues (several tries but failed though): NUL file-corruption & losing session problem while power cuts or Windows auto-restart PC for updating - The file saving API is changed from POSIX IO functions to Win32 native IO API to remedy these 2 problems so please check the saving functionalities to make sure there’s no regression.
Notepad++ v8.1.6 bug-fixes:
- Fix NUL file-corruption issue after system shutting down brutally (power cuts). (Fix #6133)
- Fix session lost issue after MS update restarting Windows. (Fix #10402)
- Make Markdown UDL work in every dark theme. (Fix #10593)
- Fix file can be marked as saved even it’s been deleted outside. (Fix #10401)
- Fix status bar text display glitchy in dark mode. (Fix #10564)
- Fix white flash on Notepad++ startup in dark mode issue. (Fix #10601)
- Fix docked window sizing direction problem in RTL mode. (Fix #10536)
- Fix floating panel movement issue in RTL mode. (Fix #10579)
- Fix Print GUI bug in Preferences dialog. (Fix #10552)
Edit (2021-10-10): 8.1.6 RC is updated for fixing white flash startup in dark mode issue. I didn’t create RC2 since the modification is small and it won’t impact the stability of release.
In general no news means no regression, or it’s because only few people try this RC so no regression can be revealed. In anyway v8.1.6 will come out in 1 day.
Ashfaaq18 last edited by
Hi donho, the 6th point (white flash) does not apply when Darkmode Npp is launched through cmd with position data.
I’ve opened an issue and linked a fix to it here (https://github.com/notepad-plus-plus/notepad-plus-plus/issues/10657)
I just saw your fix. It’s a good fix, thank you for the coding effort.
However, the v8.1.6 is ready to go, and Notepad++ launch via command line is the rare case comparing to the launch via the shortcut. So this bug-fix will be integrated surely, but in the future release (v8.1.7).