Save Position of Other View
Von Galin last edited by
Good morning all,
In my setup, I keep the Other View open at all times with a set of tabs in it, e.g. logs, references, etc. When I open NPP each time I have to drag the vertical separator bar over to reduce the Other View window size (it defaults to 50/50 of the screen upon open). My main window is 80% of the screen and the Other View is 20%. I am having to do this each time I open NPP.
Are there any options (I searched Settings and couldn’t find any) or Plugins (same, luck searching) that will remember the window layout/position ? I tried recording a macro of me adjusting the size but it didn’t seem to record much for playback.
Alan Kilborn last edited by
To me it seems a reasonable request.
You can make the actual request (that someone of importance to the development process will see) by following instructions found HERE.
It might have been previously requested, so try to do some searching before creating a possibly-duplicate request.
PeterJones last edited by
I second @Alan-Kilborn’s assessment that it’s a good idea.
If you put in the feature request (and if it doesn’t exist alredy, please do create the issue: I would offer to, but the developer honors feature requests from average users a lot higher than feature requests from those of us who hang out in the forums), you could suggest that the setting get saved as an attribute in the
<mainView activeIndex="1" size="75%">– that seems the natural place to store that setting.