[New Plugin] CSV Lint
This plug-in was already released, but I just wanted to announce it here because it’s now also available in the
Plugins > Plugins Adminmenu.
CSV Lint is a plug-in that adds syntax highlighting to csv or fixed width data files, it will automatically detect columns and datatypes and you can validate the csv datasets. It is meant as a quality control tool, to quickly examine, verify or polish up a datasets before further processing.
There are options to change datetime formats, decimal separators, split columns, count unique values etc. It’s a utility for data cleaning and working with messy data files. The features as of v0.4.1:
- Scan for metadata, i.e. detect columns and datatypes
- Create schema.ini based on metadata
- Validate data against schema.ini
- Convert datetime/decimal values to different formats
- Convert between comma, semicolon, tab separated, fixed width formats
- Analyse data report
- Split valid/invalid values into two separate columns
- Other split column options (see screenshot)
- Count unique values of one or more columns
- Convert csv data to SQL insert script
Let me know what you think. Any ideas for additional features?
Bas de Reuver last edited by Bas de Reuver
CSV Lint v0.4.3 was updated yesterday. Bit of a false start with the previous version, sorry about that, it gave an error message
CSVLint.xml is missingwhen installing, this is now fixed. Thanks to everyone who gave feedback.
Notepad++ v184.108.40.206(latest version) to install the plugin through the
Plugins > Plugins Admin...menu item. For older versions you can install the new plugin by copying the .DLL manually.
Also, in this update
- Fluent UI and dark mode icons
- 4 color presets, accessible in Settings
- All user dialogs settings are saved now
- Reformat, new Vertically align option
- New SQL export setting, mySQL or MS-SQL
- Documentation & help (link in About dialog)
- Various bugfixes
CSV Lint v0.4.4 was updated today, it now supports large integer and decimal values. This means values with many digits, like 12 or more, can be auto-detected and validated as integer. For the rest it’s mostly minor improvements and bugfixes.