Notepad++ v8.5.8 Release Candidate
Notepad++ v8.5.8 Release Candidate:
Notepad++ v8.5.8 Change log:
- Fix “Clear Read-Only Flag” command not working immediately regression. (Fix #14138)
- Fix saving files losing Alternate Data Stream issue. (Fix #1498, #8451, #8013)
- Fix data loss issue due to no room on disk for saving. (Fix #5664, #14089)
- Add Win10/Win11 Restart-application feature. (Fix #9722, #11721, #11934)
- Fix user created session being modified behaviour on exit. (Implement part 1, part 2, part 3)
- Improve document list display performance. (Fix #13479, #12632)
- Update Scintilla to v5.3.7 & Lexilla to v5.2.7. (Fix #13991, #14062)
- fix unwanted Afrikaans installer language issue. (Fix #3844, #7574)
- Fix a crash issue while reading settings from cloud. (Fix #14131)
- Fix security issue CVE-2022-31901. (Fix #13520)
- Enhance non-saved search text’s persistence in Find dialog combobox while pressing arrow key. (Fix #14174)
- Make auto-checking of Find InSelection configurable (resizable & can be disabled). (Fix #14108, #13677, #12639)
- Perl enhancement: Update Stylers & the keywords for Perl v5.38. (Fix #14192)
- Fix “Single Line Uncomment” uncommenting an extra line issue. (Fix #12829)
- Fix “Next Bookmark” command not resetting current column issue. (Fix #14137)
- Allow menu command Window->Windows to be assigned a shortcut. (Fix #14179)
- Fix wrong categories in Shortcuts Mapper. (Fix #13285)
Please report only regression and critical issue here.
The official release will be available in about 1 week, if no critical issues are found.
Thank you for your test.
FYI, the binaries are updated for adding new fix
Fix user created session being modified behaviour on exit.
Here is further detail of this new fix:
While loading a user created session, the essential point is not modify the session at all, even there are some inaccessible files on loading, or some closed files before exiting Notepad++.
We let users modified their session files themselves, by using the “Save Session…” command.
Note that if Open session in a new instance (and save session automatically on exit) option in “Multi-instance & Date” section is checked, then the session will be modified if there are some inaccessible files.
Binaries Update (again, sorry about that):
New updated binaries which contain the fix: