FunctionList fails to work with JS files, but works with embedded JS



  • I have added a parser to functionList.xml which works perfectly for JS embedded in PHP files, but no longer works on JS files. If I save the JS file with the PHP extension, and wrap the code in HTML script tags, it works perfectly, which suggest Notepad++ is not applying the parser to files with JS extension.

    I tried setting both language and file extension in the xml

       <association ext = "js" id="js_function"/>
       <association langID = "19" id="js_function"/>
    

    but to no avail.

    I’m not sure what change in environment caused it to stop working in the past few days. I’m using Notepad++ v 6.8.5.


Log in to reply