Notepad++ macro not working correctly

• I have the TextFX plugin, and one of its functions is convert text to proper case.

I used the shortcut mapper and set the shortcut in the plugin commands tab.

The shortcut works without an issue but when I record it as a macro I get something that looks more like a serialized export.

Screen shot

Can anyone help me get this working?

Cheers

• Im having the exact same issue. I’ve also updated to the lates NP++ and its still happeneing. Very odd.!

I have noticed that “TextFX” has no [alt+] menu access short cut - for example [alt+F] = file menu. maybe the macro doen’t know where to get the commands from because tecnically there is no menu for TextFX?

• Hello Walkerbo Belf and Lord Lethris,

Yes, you’re right ! Notepad++ does NOT handle the TextFX menus, properly and recording macros,that includes TextFX commands seems useless :-((

However, the following regex S/R can emulate the Proper Case feature :

Find what : (\w)(\w*)

Replace with : \u\1\L\2

Refer to the link, below, for explanations on the case modifiers \u and \L :

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_48_0/libs/regex/doc/html/boost_regex/format/boost_format_syntax.html

And, here is, below, the corresponding macro, with the Alt + Ctrl + Shift + P shortcut, created in the shortcuts.xml configuration file :

<Macro name="Proper Case" Ctrl="yes" Alt="yes" Shift="yes" Key="80">
        <Action type="3" message="1700" wParam="0" lParam="0" sParam="" />
        <Action type="3" message="1601" wParam="0" lParam="0" sParam="(\w)(\w*)" />
        <Action type="3" message="1625" wParam="0" lParam="2" sParam="" />
        <Action type="3" message="1602" wParam="0" lParam="0" sParam="\u\1\L\2" />
        <Action type="3" message="1702" wParam="0" lParam="640" sParam="" />
        <Action type="3" message="1701" wParam="0" lParam="1609" sParam="" />
    </Macro>

So, as soon as you select the menu option Macro - Proper Case, or hit the corresponding shortcut, any selected text is changed, in a Proper Case way !

Refers to the documentation, below, for a detailed information :

http://docs.notepad-plus-plus.org/index.php/Editing_Configuration_Files#Search_.2F_Replace_encoding

Thus, you may insert all the lines, above, beginning by <Action type="3", in that order, in an existing macro, to add a Proper Case action, on selected text, to this macro :-)).

Just close N++, open Shortcuts.xml with an OTHER editor, save the changes and re-start N++ !

Best Regards,

guy038

P.S. :

A)

Click on that link, below, for a discussion about the main capitalization rules :

https://notepad-plus-plus.org/community/topic/130/convert-case-to/4

B)

Let’s suppose the Test sentence, below :

You're very happy to spend a week in the Mary's cottage

With TextFX OR with my previous regex S/R, that sentence is changed into :

You'Re Very Happy To Spend A Week In The Mary'S Cottage

But, if you prefer the nicer form, below :

You're Very Happy To Spend A Week In The Mary's Cottage

just use the following regex :

Find what : '\w\w?\b|(\w)(\w*)

Replace with : (?1\u\1\L\2:$0)

Notes :

• This regex does NOT change all English contracted forms, as 'd, 'll, 'm, 're, 's, 't, 've, …

• If a contracted form is matched, as group 1, in the second part of tha alternative does NOT exist, it is just rewritten ( $0) as is

• If a classical range of word characters are matched, group 1 exists and the word is changed :

• With its first letter, in uppercase way ( \u\1 )

• With its subsequent letters, in a lowercase way ( \L\2 )