[NEW Plugin] FirstUpper



  • The plugin framework requires dot net 3.5 but can easily be modified back to 2.0 by removing the factory method returning Func <> and changing the project to 2.0. It would be interesting to see if that is the root problem



  • @Kasper-Graversen: How and where do I remove that factory method returning Func<,>?



  • @guy038: I created a build (click me!) that uses .NET 2.0 and x86 architecture to see if that helps. Let me know if it works.

    Zach



  • Hi zkirkland and Kasper,

    Thanks for having a glance about it ! Unfortunately, I get the same error windows, with your new FirstUpper.dll ( 43646 bytes ) and its associated text file FirstUpperForbiddenWords.txt :-((

    So, I think that we should have a logical attitude !

    • First, ask for people, having a Win XP configuration ( There are still some, indeed !! ) to test your plugin. May be, my Win XP system is just bugged !

    • As for me, tomorrow, I’ll verify, at work, your two versions of your plugin, both, on a Win XP and a W7 configuration, with local installation of the last 6.9.2 N++ version, without any additional plugin, but yours, of course !

    Cheers,

    guy038



  • @zkirkland seems you found the factory method :)



  • Hello zkirkland,

    Don’t understand what is happening ? Yesterday, I did try your plugin on an other Win XP machine as well as an W7 system. And as I’m, presently, building a W8.1 64b machine for a friend of mine, I just noticed that it did not work, too, on that W8.1 install !

    So, I suppose that I certainly, missed something important, but what ?! As you said, I just copy the DLL and the text file in the plugins folder of my local N++ configuration ?! So, what I’m doing wrong ?

    Best Regards,

    guy038



  • @zkirkland maybe you messed around with the namespaces of the exports. If you try the demo app that comes with the pluginpack you can see the exported functions that N++ requires. Then you can check the ones for your plugin

    PS C:\src\NotepadPlusPlusPluginPack.Net\Demo Plugin\NppManagedPluginDemo\bin\Debug> & ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft
    Visual Studio 14.0\VC\bin\dumpbin.exe’ -exports .\Demo.dll
    Microsoft ® COFF/PE Dumper Version 14.00.23918.0
    Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

    Dump of file .\Demo.dll

    File Type: DLL

    Section contains the following exports for \Demo.dll

    00000000 characteristics
    572B1CF6 time date stamp Thu May  5 12:14:14 2016
        0.00 version
           0 ordinal base
           6 number of functions
           6 number of names
    
    ordinal hint RVA      name
    
          5    0 0001691E beNotified
          2    1 000168EE getFuncsArray
          4    2 0001690E getName
          0    3 000168CE isUnicode
          3    4 000168FE messageProc
          1    5 000168DE setInfo


  • @guy038: I don’t know yet what is wrong. I am sorry. I am new to writing plugins for Notepad++. I will do my best to figure out what is going on.

    @Kasper-Graversen: I do not know how to interpret the output on your file nor do I understand how to use that on my own dll. However, you said perhaps I messed around with the namespaces. I did not change any namespaces.

    Zach



  • @guy038: I compiled this on a W10 Pro 64 bit machine. I don’t know if that makes a difference but it may.

    @Kasper-Graversen: I figured it out and I ran the dumpbin.exe on my dll and got the same output you did.

    00000000 characteristics
    575EC538 time date stamp Mon Jun 13 09:37:44 2016
        0.00 version
           0 ordinal base
           6 number of functions
           6 number of names
    
    ordinal hint RVA      name
    
          5    0 0002399E beNotified
          2    1 0002396E getFuncsArray
          4    2 0002398E getName
          0    3 0002394E isUnicode
          3    4 0002397E messageProc
          1    5 0002395E setInfo
    

    Zach



  • @zkirkland great dump.


Log in to reply