String before symbol formatted in my User Defined Language UDL

• What I am trying to do I think is simple. I want to have properties in my language a different color from the standard text. Properties are defined as this
    [ANYTEXT]:

That is any text followed by a colon then usually a space but it doesn’t have to be. Examples are
    Id:
    Text:
    text:
    height:

This is similar to what the standard PowerShell style does when N++ is installed except backwards. Its bold anything after the dollar sign $ANYVARIABLENAME

Even when you use the dot(.) the bold stops.

Can someone tell me how to implement these within my UDL?

• @Eli-Chavez

how is the property glued to the object?
    I’m thinking of using these “glue”-chars as delimiters.

Cheers
    Claudia

• Not sure i know exactly what you mean by glued? That might be another thing about UDLs i dont understand. however the structure is as follows

Object {
        property1: value 1
        property2: value2
        InnerObject {
            Innerproperty1: innervalue1
        }
        property3: value3
    }

• Looks a lot like JSON.

• @Eli-Chavez

I thought we are talking about object oriented programming/scripting language which do
    have syntax like object.property or object->function etc.

I think, the closest would be something like

delimiter1:
    open={
    close=}
    and set nesting to delimiter1, delimiter2 and keywords… (I assume you have keywords defined)

delimiter2:
    open=((EOL))
    close=:
    and set nesting to delimiter1 and keywords.

Not exactly what you want but I assume closest possible.

Cheers
    Claudia

• So the language is QML. I am very new to QML and have been required by my new job to look into it. I found a few QML UDLs already defined but they dont have anything styled specific for the properties. What i am looking for is very simple id like to define something that allows any text or number sequence before a colon gets bolded and a specific color.

In some languages i see this to some degree. In my original post i mention powershell. in that language when you type the dollar sign it automatically bolds it and then any combination of text and numbers that follow. I am looking for something very specific to that.

This may seem simple but i have not been able to get it done, and i would greatly benefit from implementing this in my QML ventures.

• @Eli-Chavez

builtin lexers, lexers provided by plugins and UDL are different,
    because they are developed by different programmers. A functionality
    of one lexer doesn’t indicate it is available in another lexer.
    It looks like your request cannot be solved by UDL completely.

Cheers
    Claudia

• Okay thanks, I figured it wasnt going to work out but i thought id ask.

• @Eli-Chavez

…but i thought id ask.

always welcome.

Cheers
    Claudia