[Feature/Help Request] Add more items to function list for Windows batch files

• Hi,
    currently the function list shows only labels (:name) for batch files. I additionally need these items:

• call
    • start
    • goto

My request is to have these items added to functionlist.xml.
    Can someone help my with the code to do so myself in the meantime?
    Thank you very much.

• I strongly advise against showing more then just functions/sub-routines (i.e. labels in batch files) in the FunctionList tree but considering the following …

CALL [drive:][path]filename [batch-parameters]
    CALL :label arguments

START ["title"] [start-arguments] [command/program] [parameters]

GOTO [:]label

… what parts of the commands would you like to show up in the tree?

• Hello bege10,

To fully distinguish the different GOTO, CALL and START commands, of your batch file, I suppose that you need all the contents of the line, starting with these commands :-)

If so, here is, below, a batch parser, which should work nice !!

• Open your active functionList.xml file

• Change the present batch_label id parser contents by the parser, below :

<parser id=“batch_label” displayName=“BAT Label” commentExpr="^[\t ](::|REM).?$">
      <function
      mainExpr="^[\t ]*\K.+?$"
      displayMode="$functionName">
      <functionName>
      <nameExpr expr="(call |goto |start |(?<=:)).+?$"/>
      </functionName>
      </function>
      </parser>

Notes :

• The commentExpr string is, either, the word REM or the symbol ::, preceded by possible leading space/tabulation characters and followed by any range, even null, or characters

• Then, the mainExpr string, from which the different entities, to display in the FunctionList window, will be extracted, is any, non-null, range of characters, which follows possible leading space/tabulation characters ( and different from comment ranges ! )

• Finally, the expr string is, either :

• The word call, goto or start, followed by a space and any non null range of characters
      • Any non null range of characters, following a colon ( : )

IMPORTANT :

The functionList regex engine does NOT act as the Notepad++ one. By default, it considers that the dot meta-character ( . ) match, absolutely, any character ( standard or EOL ones )

But, as the Notepad++ regex engine does, it considers that the ^ and $ assertions stand for the beginning and the end of any line

So, when you want to match, from any location, all the remaining characters of a line, TWO syntaxes are possible :

.+?$ which matches any non-null range of any character, ( standard or EOL ones ), till the nearest EOL location, due to the lazy quantifier +?

OR

(?-s).+ which matches any non-null range of standard characters only, due to the in-line modifier (?-s)

Of course, if the range of characters may be a zero-length string, prefer the syntax .*?$ OR (?-s).*

Best Regards,

guy038