Is there a way to copy and paste onto multiple lines without displacing text?

• So I think it’s best just to provide an example cause it’s hard to explain
    so Imagine I have
    and I need to copy four items one on each line
    Is there a way to do so without it becoming
    1 item
    item
    item
    item
    4?
    and rather
    1item
    2item
    3item
    4item?

• I’m really uncertain as to what you’re asking about, but…as long as your paste-point is in the same column in the multiple lines (like it is in your example above), all you have to do is obtain a “column caret” and do the paste.

For example, put the caret to the right of the “1” in your example. Press Shift+Alt+DownArrow three times (this will give you a column-caret on the four lines after the numbers. Then…paste. Whatever is in the clipboard (which is hopefully without line-endings) will appear on each line after the number that is already there.

If I’m off-base about what you’re asking for, I’m sorry, and could you please clarify?

• Alright I’ll try and clarify
    so I have two documents, I’ll show some of whats on them
    the first one is
    1|
    2|
    3|
    and so on
    the other one is
    Long Island
    Brooklyn
    Manhatten
    Now I want to copy the three of those and paste it so that only one goes on each line so that it’s
    1|long island
    2|brooklyn
    3| Manhatten
    instead of
    1|long Island
    brooklyn
    Manhatten
    2|
    3|

• Ah, okay…in your first posting all the things to paste in were the same (“item”). Since they are actually different, copy them as a column block from their source (hopefully also Notepad++) using Shift+Alt+arrows to define the column block, and invoke copy. Then, at the intended destination, on the first line, invoke a paste.