bulk remove row tag

• Hi, how can i remove a lot rows with this tag?

<category domain=“post_tag” … </category>

from a file xml

what’s the syntax for variable texts? into search box

Thank you

• Hello Jake1191,

You don’t tell us, in your post, if you prefer :

• (A) Remove all lines containing, exactly, the string <category domain="post_tag"......</category>

• (B) Remove the string ^<category domain="post_tag"......</category> from all the lines, containing that string

• (C) Remove ANY line, containing the string <category domain="post_tag"......</category>, as the line, below :

Some possible text BEFORE <category domain=“post_tag” …</category> Some possible text AFTER

Anyway, there’s a solution, with a search regular expression, for each of them :-) Note that, for any of them, the replacement zone must be EMPTY!

So :

For case (A), use the search regex (?-is)^<category domain="post_tag".+</category>\R

For case (B), use the search regex (?-is)<category domain="post_tag".+</category>

For case (C), use the search regex (?-is)^.*<category domain="post_tag".+</category>.*\R?

NOTES :

• Of course, the Regular expression search mode must have been set, previously

• These 3 regexes begin with the in-line modifiers (?-is) which ensures you that the search is done, in a sensitive way and that the dot . meta-character will match standard characters, only !

• As usual, the \R syntax is a shortened form for matching any kind of EOL characters ( \r\n or \n or \r )

• In the first case, the string <category domain="post_tag" … </category> is bounded to beginning of line ^ and to its EOL characters, which have to be taken in account, to delete the complete line

• In the third case, the string <category domain="post_tag" … </category> is preceded, from beginning of line, by any range, even null, of standard characters and followed by any range, too, even null, of standard characters, then generally followed by its EOL characters,

• The ?, after \R means 0 or 1 time the EOL character(s) , just in case the very last line which would end, without any EOL character !

• In all cases, the search match is removed, because there’s NO replacement regex !

Best Regards,

guy038

• hi,
    i must remove all the rows where there is the category’s tag.
    Because there are thousands of lines style:
    <category domain=“post_tag” nicename=“ambiente”><![CDATA[Ambiente]]></category>
    but the “domain” must be “post_tag” , there are other values for “domain” that don’t must be removed.

ps: I apologize for my english

• Hi, Jake1191,

From what you said, I think that my solution (C) does exactly what you would like to !

Indeed, any line, which contains the domain attribute, with a value different from the string post_tag, will NOT be removed :-)

Cheers,

guy038