update plugin manager from 1.3.5 to 1.4.3, plugin manager report connection error



  • I update plugin manager from 1.3.5 to 1.4.3 on v6.9.2, plugin manager is unavailable, it always report connection error。



  • @Esson-Zhao

    could it be that you are using windows xp or linux and wine?
    Try switching protocol - in settings use http instead of https.

    Cheers
    Claudia



  • I got the same error.
    O/S: Win7 and I have enabled (checked) the Plugin Manager Settings -> “Force HTTP instead of HTTPS…” checkbox, but it doesn’t help.
    Any clue?


    Pete



    • Notepad++ info:

      Notepad++ v7.2   (32-bit)
      Build time : Nov  2 2016 - 11:26:20
      Path : C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\notepad++.exe
      Admin mode : ON
      Local Conf mode : OFF
      OS : Windows 7
      Plugins : ComparePlugin.dll dbgpPlugin.dll mimeTools.dll NppConverter.dll NppExec.dll NppExport.dll NppFTP.dll NppTextFX.dll PluginManager.dll PreviewHTML.dll PythonScript.dll 
      
    • When I tried to use Plugin Manager 1.3.5 to update to Plugin Manager to 1.4.3, it errorred out, and I had to manually go download from the github releases directory myself, and overwrote my old PluginManager.dll, then reloaded NPP

    • When I tried to view the plugin list, like the other users, I saw “Download Error: There was an error downloading the plugin list. Please check your internet connection, and your proxy settings in Internet Explorer, Edge or Chrome.”

      • My Internet Properties proxy settings all work fine with all other browsers (including Chrome and IE), and I can get to external HTTP and HTTPS sites with no problems.
    • Clicked Plugin Manager > Settings > Force HTTP instead of HTTPS for downloading plugin list

    • OK > Close, then loading Plugin Manager again still didn’t show the list

    • Exit NPP. Reload NPP. Now Plugin Manager now shows the list.

    Looks like there may be a systemic problem in accessing the plugin list via HTTPS



  • Interesting. I went back to the Plugin Manager Settings, turned off Force HTTP..., and exited NPP. Then I went to %AppData%\Notepad++\plugins\config and deleted the PluginManagerPlugins.zip and .xml files. I reloaded NPP, and went to the Plugin Manager, and this time it did download the plugin list (config directory again has both the zip and xml files).



  • @Dave-Brotherstone :
    Could you have a look at these issues.


Log in to reply