Page margins like in a word processor?

• Is it possible to add white margins (left and if possible also top) around the text? I’m using Notepad++ for taking notes and editing them, and it would be great to have a little (white) space around the notes. A top margin is easily done by adding a new line, but pre-configured margins (both left and top) on startup would be awsome. I hope someone can help me out!

• Settings > Preferences > Print > Margin Setting

(note the units are in mm, so 12mm would be about a half-inch margin)

• Thanks Peter. I actually meant the margins in the editor itself whilst writing.

I came up with this workaround: If I activate/show the line numbers margin (under Settings > Editing) and change its colour to white (Settings > Style Configurator > Global Styles > Line number margin > Foreground colour (white)), and finally choose a “blank” font on the same tab (Symbols), I get a completly white left margin.

• Banned

Axiomatic Ones:

I would like a larger, just a little bit larger, margin after the ‘Line Number’ column. It takes a little too long (for me) to place the cursor at the very beginning of a line.

Ion Saliu
    “A good man is an axiomatic man; an axiomatic man is a happy man. Be axiomatic!”

• I know it’s been two years but just in case you haven’t found it yet:
    Go to Preferences, select Editing and uncheck No edge in the section Border Width. Then set the width using the slider which is positioned to the left of the checkbox.

• Regarding my previous post (which cannot be edited): This seems to only work for the right margin though and the slider doesn’t work at all…