How to put word between the symbols?

• i want put word between the symbols in notepad++ (regex) for example i have this list of symbols:

!@#!@#
    #@!#@!
    #$%#$%
    %$#%$#

and i want put (word) between the previous symbols for example:

!@#word!@#
    #@!word#@!
    #$%word#$%
    %$#word%$#
    what regex can help me?

• Hello @abolfazl-yaasi,

After examination of your list of symbols, I noticed that each line is made of three symbols, which are repeated ! So, I propose a regex, which includes a word / string / sentence, surrounded by a same list of characters / symbols, before and after :-))

So, given, for instance, the original list, below :

!@#!@#
    #@!#@!
    !@#$%!@#$%
    testtest
    #$%#$%
    &:&:
    %$#%$#

the following regex S/R :

SEARCH (?-s)^(.+)\1$

REPLACE \1Whatever you want\1

would change the above text, as below :

!@#Whatever you want!@#
    #@!Whatever you want#@!
    !@#$%Whatever you want!@#$%
    testWhatever you wanttest
    #$%Whatever you want#$%
    &:Whatever you want&:
    %$#Whatever you want%$#

Notes :

• As usual, the (?-s) part means that the dot meta-character matches any single standard character, only !

• Then, between the two locations, beginning of current line ( ^ ) and end of current line ( $ ) :

• The regex engine is searching for any string, of any length, immediately repeated ( (.+)\1 )

• Note that the first string, embedded in parentheses, is stored as group 1, and must be present, right after, because of the back-reference ( \1 ) to group 1

• Finally, in replacement, the string Whatever you want is, simply, inserted, between these two identical strings.

Best Regards,

guy038

• @guy038
    i tried that but result me notice
    see picture that i uploaded on this host:

mediafire

• @abolfazl-yaasi Thanks so much for posting a screen shot! That really helped to tell what was happening. You need to have the Regular expression selected at the bottom left of the dialog, instead of Extended.