Why won't the title for my new page show up?
<title>Day And Night Oils</title>
<body>New Site for Day and Night Oils
When I run it in notepad I have the same problem.
does not really answer my questions, doesn’t it? Still curious.
Enable show all symbols do you see some nasty chars except the expected line of end ones?
@Claudia-Frank I have tried to open it two different ways.
First inside the notepad++ program I typed the code. Then I clicked the run command in the program selecting chrome. It did not work. So then I tried it with firefox and it still did not work.
So then I pasted the code into my computer’s notepad.com program and saved it. Then I opened it with chrome from a folder on my desktop and it still did not work.
@Claudia-Frank Thanks for the interaction.
I don’t see an enable show all symbols option. Where is that in the menu tree?
View->Show Symbols->Show all characters
@Claudia-Frank Thank you.
I checked it and it shows a CR LF after every line of code. That’s it. Is that ok or bad?
ok - standard windows line ending chars
I have to stress the run menu point.
Did you use Launch in … under Run menu or the Run under Run menu?
Two different actions.
And what happened exactly -> did a program open, an error shown …
@Claudia-Frank Ok I see now what you are asking.
I used the Launch in Chrome and Launch in Firefox
It loads the page from my computer in the browser in a new tab. And it shows the location of the file in my computer.
instead of the title. Text i inserted for the body part shows fine. It is only the title for the url that’s not showing. It is exactly the same in firefox, chrome and also when I run the file using notepad (not notepad++) to edit and save the exact same code.
Claudia Frank last edited by Claudia Frank
misunderstanding, the title shows in the tab of the browser, not in the area where the url is.
Oooooo I see. Thank you for helping me figure this out. So I am ok because it is showing up in my tab at the top (not in the URL but in the tab at the top it is working there. Ok problem solved for now and the title tag is now crystal clear to me.
Thanks for your assistance!
So the short answer is that I didn’t understand where the title was supposed to show up and was looking in the URL rather than at the top of the tab in m browser. It was working correctly, I just expected a different result that it was supposed to give. Thank you for helping me Claudia!