how to move text to other location in notepad

• Hi guy! I want to ow to move text to other location in notepad++ with replace or macro
    ex: i have some text:
    <p>Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes… note1 the ones who see things note2 differently </p>
    <fn=1>text aaaaaa</fn>
    <fn=2>text bbbbbb</fn>

I want to replace or macro to:

<p>Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes… <fn=1>text aaaaaa</fn> the ones who see things <fn=2>text bbbbbb</fn> differently </p>
    that mean i want move text body in tag fn1 to note1!
    some body help me!!

• somebody help me pls

• Hello, @vuvanvui-vui,

UPDATED 03-07-2018 ( search regex changed in order to match a several digits number ! )

Not totally sure that it’s what you want to !

Assuming, for instance, the example text, below, where :

• The first line contains the note3 and note4 marks

• The second line contains the note1 and note2 marks

• The third line contains the note5 and note6 marks

• Somewhere, afterwards, a line beginning with, at least, 3 equal signs ( Note that this sign must NOT be used, anywhere in the current file. You may choose an other symbol, like -, @, ~, #, /, … )

• Then, all the <fn=#...#>text ......</fn> replacement marks, in a list, with one per line

<p>Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes… note3 the ones who see things note4 differently </p>

<p>Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes… note1 the ones who see things note2 differently </p>

<p>Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes… note5 the ones who see things note6 differently </p>

=== Replacement Marks ===

<fn=1>text aaaaaa</fn>
    <fn=2>text bbbbbb</fn>
    <fn=3>text cccccc</fn>
    <fn=4>text dddddd</fn>
    <fn=5>text eeeeee</fn>
    <fn=6>text ffffff</fn>

Then :

• Open your file in N++ OR just copy / paste all the text, above, in inverse video, in a new tab ( Ctrl + N )

• Open the Replace dialog ( Ctrl + H )

• Type in the regex (?-i)\bnote(\d+)\b(?s)(?=.*\R((?-s)<fn=\1>.*))|^===.+ in the Find what: zone

• Type in the regex ?2\2, in the Replace with: zone

• Tick the Wrap around option and select the Regular expression search mode

• Click, once, on the Replace All button ( or several times on the Replace button ! )

Et voilà ! You should get the following text :

<p>Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes… <fn=3>text cccccc</fn> the ones who see things <fn=4>text dddddd</fn> differently </p>

<p>Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes… <fn=1>text aaaaaa</fn> the ones who see things <fn=2>text bbbbbb</fn> differently </p>

<p>Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes… <fn=5>text eeeeee</fn> the ones who see things <fn=6>text ffffff</fn> differently </p>

Best Regards,

guy038

P.S. :

Next time, if you would like to, I’ll explain how this regex S/R works :-))

• @guy038 thanks you verymuch sir!, ;)

P/S: Next time, if you would like to, I’ll explain how this regex S/R works :-)) (i’m understand)

• hi @guy038 if i want to:
    <p>Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes… note3 the ones who see things note4 differently </p>
    <fn=3>text cccccc</fn>
    <fn=4>text dddddd</fn>
    <fn=1>text aaaaaa</fn>
    <fn=2>text bbbbbb</fn>
    <p>Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes… note5 the ones who see things note6 differently </p>
    <fn=5>text eeeeee</fn>
    <fn=6>text ffffff</fn>

can you help me?

• Hi, @vuvanvui-vui,

I’m sorry, but it’s not very clear what you would like to :

• Are the lines <p>Here’s to........differently </p> consecutive or embedded among other lines ?

• Are the lines <fn=#>text aaaaaa</fn> located anywhere, in your file or mixed with the <p>Here’s to........differently </p> ones ?

In other words, could you show us :

• The text ( or part of it ), what you get, presently, before process

• The text that you expect to, after process

It’s always better to work with true material !

Note that, may be, it won’t be possible to get it with regular expressions, but, ONLY, with a scripting language, as the Lua or Python plugin !

If your file contents are not confidential, you could, also, send me an e-mail, with your file attached, at :

tguy.038@gmail.com

Cheers,

guy038

• thanks @guy038 , I started to really enjoy python, thankyou verymuch :)