Regex: Find duplicate tags/words from some tags

• Hello, I have this sentence “The use of private-label products by small companies has grown

The problem is, somehow, there are more <em> and </em> in this sentence,

<p class="text_obisnuit2"><em>The use of </em>private-label products by small <em>companies has grown.</em></p>

So, i need to find all this kind of sentences which have more <em> and </em>. So, after regex, the imput should be:

<p class="text_obisnuit2"><em>The use of private-label products by small companies has grown.</em></p>

• Hi, @vasile-caraus,

Due to lack of additional information, I supposed two points :

• Any <em>.......</em> range is located in a same line

• All the <em>.......</em> ranges are simply consecutive ones and are NOT nested. So the case, below, never occurs !

<em>.....<em>..... </em>.........</em>

Then a possible regex S/R could be :

SEARCH (?-s)(^.*?<em>)|</?em>(?=.*</em>)

REPLACE ?1\1

So, the text, below :

....<em>..........</em>.....<em>..........</em>............<em></em>......<em>.............</em>...........<em>....</em>...

will be changed into :

....<em>.......................................................................</em>...

Cheers,

guy038

• hello guy, your regex works great, but it selects all text and all tags from my html pages. And I want only this particular tag:

<p class="text_obisnuit2"><em>...</p>

• Hi, @vasile-caraus, and All,

Ah, OK ! So, I propose two consecutive regex S/R :

A)

SEARCH (?-s)^\h*<p class="text_obisnuit2"><em>.+

REPLACE $0#

which adds the specific character #( acting as a marker ) if the line begins with the string <p class="text_obisnuit2"><em>, possibly preceded by some blank characters

B )

SEARCH (?-s)(^.*?<em>)|</?em>(?=.*</em>.+>#)|#

REPLACE ?1\1

which deletes the specific # marker as well as any <em> or </em> tag, located between the outer <em>........</em> range, ONLY IF exists, further on, a last </em> tag and a # symbol, as last character of the current line !

Of course, you may choose any other marker character. It just has to be not already present, in your file !

Preferably, tick the Wrap around option

Cheers,

guy038

• @guy038

can u gife me your acc facebook plase

• works great, thanks a lor Guy !