How to enable seeing unique symbols?

• I’m constantly trying to find a way to display text symbols that do not show up in Notepad++

Currently I am needing to use the several of the Circled Latin letters, that are all displayed as ‘unknown squares’.

My understanding was that UTF-8 was needing to display this, but no symbols are displaying. I know the font can support this glyph as Sublime Text can display it, however it displays it in a way that doesn’t confirm to normal use of fonts (the character is bigger than it renders).

Is there a way to make these symbols appear?

• @Player-Fero

I recommend reading this.

Cheers
    Claudia

• I’m not going to lie, that thread makes no sense to me, the few gems I discovered lead me to create a reply.

This unknown (to me) symbol ‘’ (and other symbols found in that thread) allows me to use the ⓐⓔⓗⓈ symbols in Notepad++ if Notepad isn’t meant to be able to display them why does this symbol allow me to display it, and is that something I can enable that effect document wide so that I don’t need that (or similar) symbol to display symbols I want?

• @Player-Fero

sorry, don’t really understand your reply.
    In the thread it is discussed what needs to be done to use a certain font
    to see the symbols supported by that font and that notepad++ doesn’t use
    fallback fonts currently, so it can’t use a different font if the current configured
    one doesn’t display it correctly.

Does this makes sense to you?

Cheers
    Claudia

• If I input this symbol ‘’ I can display ⓐⓔⓗⓈ in Notepad++. Without that symbol, they display as squares.

If I remove the first symbol, the circular letters revert to displaying squares. If I paste in the circular symbols, then paste in that first symbol, they squares display the correct symbols.

Something about this symbol lets me display ⓐⓔⓗⓈ, but without that first symbol, they display as squares.

• @Player-Fero

would you mind sharing your steps to see if this can be reproduced?

Cheers
    Claudia

• I copy and paste this symbol into a new notepad++ document
    I copy and paste these symbols into that document ⓐⓔⓗⓈ
    I delete
    These symbols ⓐⓔⓗⓈ revert to squares.

If a new line is created, the symbol is needed again, and can appear anywhere on the line.

Image cant be posted cos its considered spam

• @Player-Fero

Image cant be posted cos its considered spam

upload to hosters like imgur and use the syntax ![](HERE_THE_URL)

Missing point, which font you are using? I use symbola for the image posted.

Cheers
    Claudia

• Using InputMono Light, displays this - https://imgur.com/a/sarWKZS

Using Symbola shows the symbol regardless of any other symbols.

This is starting to sound like a bug, or quirk.

• With DejaVu Sans Mono, all I have to do is insert or remove newline between the and ⓐⓔⓗⓈ:
    Imgur

• There seem to be a difference in OS as well because I went through all of the installed
    fonts on my linux and none of them behave like described. I always see a consistent behavior regardless whether the 〕is used in front or not.
    For example the font DejaVu Sans Mono on linux show only the rectangles.

Cheers
    Claudia