my run mean does not contain any launch in browser options

• my run mean does not contain any launch in browser options

• @PONNA-RAVITEJ

in the latest version those entries are commented.
    Open shortcuts.xml and uncomment it - restart npp - done.

• I deleted the comment, but nothing has changed. Unable to open file in browser through “run”.

• @Nay11111

you might have edited the wrong shortcuts.xml file.

on installed versions of notepad++ (not portable versions) the correct location of your shortcuts.xml is: %AppData%\Notepad++\shortcuts.xml
    (this alias will lead you to C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\shortcuts.xml)

• choose file > open at the notepad++ menu.

• paste %AppData%\Notepad++\shortcuts.xml into the file name input field and hit open to open your shortcuts xml.

• paste/insert one or more of the following lines in the black area, anywhere into your <UserDefinedCommands> area:

<Command name="Launch in Firefox" Ctrl="yes" Alt="yes" Shift="yes" Key="88">firefox "$(FULL_CURRENT_PATH)"</Command>
    <Command name="Launch in IE" Ctrl="yes" Alt="yes" Shift="yes" Key="73">iexplore "$(FULL_CURRENT_PATH)"</Command>
    <Command name="Launch in Chrome" Ctrl="yes" Alt="yes" Shift="yes" Key="82">chrome "$(FULL_CURRENT_PATH)"</Command>

• save shortcuts.xml and restart notepad++

now your run menu and your shortcuts.xml should look similar or equal to this screenshot:

Imgur

please report back if it works for you.

• @Meta-Chuh
    It worked, thanks.

• @Nay11111

i’m glad to hear it’s working, you are welcome.