Need help with Replacing lines

• I have about 100k lines like these
    LoydNova47:TEHHA3HFW35GG:cc9sttdcb6tkb8z31hs7i3p3sss8rx:hongjgd45td5wnumnpe4gzwn3iiiglsq09d0vptyll9mrc7p9d
    PierreIncendi5fary7:UNM7EAG4QBPHGY:vr2534igqrj1llisopis4l1yc1z4py:6p22mq1ruxfr8i3nz0cihl2bby6j944r4hcz602w9x99neftrd
    KlinklangHJunior7:EFTEXFGP5DWKBD:n6hbd3869c0h48kzg8r89rejg344qb:r8hq5i2yoladarotzkhlhe82kucirqmn26t9mne7jwjbuwiy3w
    And i want to change each line to only this
    LoydNova47:TEHHA3HFW35GG
    PierreIncendi5fary7:UNM7EAG4QBPHGY
    KlinklangHJunior7:EFTEXFGP5DWKBD
    can someone help me how to do that?

• Hello @ilya-levadny and All,

Actually, you want to delete all characters located after the second colon character, included, of any line

Indeed, not difficult with regular expressions !

• Open the Replace dialog ( Ctrl + H )

• SEARCH (?-s)^(.+?:.+?):.+

• REPLACE \1

• Select the Regular expression search mode

• Check, preferably, the Wrap around option

• Click, once on the Replace All button or several times on the Replace button

An other formulation would be :

• SEACRH (?-s)^.+?:.+?\K:.+

• REPLACE Leave EMPTY

This time, due to the \K syntax you must use the Replace All button, exclusively

Notes :

• The (?-s) in-line modifier means that dot ( . ) matches any single standard character, only

• The .+?: part looks for the shortest non-null range of characters till a colon ( : )

• The part between parentheses ( .+?:.+? ) is stored as group 1, which must be rewritten, during the replacement phase

• At the end, the .+ syntax represents the rest of the line, after the second colon char, included, of the current line

• In the second version, after matching the implicit group 1, the \K syntax resets the regex engine, so the final overall match is the part :.+ which corresponds to the second colon char with all the subsequent chars of current line, which are deleted as the replacement zone is empty

Best Regards,

guy038