Not able to install XML plugin ()

• I checked XML plugin but after restart notepad++ i dont see that plugins

• @tanu-uppal

we need more information in order to be able to help you installing the XML Tools plugin:

• please go to the notepad++ menu ? > debug info... > copy debug info into clipboard and paste it here

• how did you try to install xml tools ? did you use “plugin manager” or did you use the official “plugins admin”, or did you make a manual install ?
      (note: “plugins admin” is only available on version 7.6 and higher)

please answer both points completely and describe your way of installing xml tools as detailed as you can.

• debug info :

1. Notepad++ v7.6.3 (64-bit)
      Build time : Jan 27 2019 - 17:16:47
      Path : C:\Program Files\Notepad++\notepad++.exe
      Admin mode : ON
      Local Conf mode : OFF
      Plugins : DSpellCheck.dll mimeTools.dll NppConverter.dll

2. I used plugin admin , after selection XML tool to install then popup window ask for restart notepad. But after restart i don’t see that plugin in notepad

Thanks!

• @tanu-uppal

thank you for your detailed information.

i have just recreated your setup by installing a fresh notepad++ 7.6.3 x64, started it in admin mode, as well as a standard user, and i can install the xml tools plugin without any problems in both modes.

are you able to install any plugins at all, using plugins admin, for example the compare plugin ?
    if not, there’s a possibility that you are behind a corporate proxy, which you could set at ? > set updater proxy... if you know your proxy’s ip and port.
    if you are behind a corporate firewall, which does not allow downloads from any programs except your internet browser, you would need the help of your local admin, or perform a manual download and install.
    (we would guide you through that, if this is the case)

to check if you are behind a corporate proxy:
    open a cmd window.
    enter ping notepad-plus-plus.org and press enter.
    if you don’t get an answer from 37.59.28.236 you are behind a corporate proxy.

• I think my computer is behind corporate firewall. Can you please send me manual download guide .

• download psiphon and simply run in OS : Windows 7 (64-bit) while browser open automatically then begin.

• @tanu-uppal,

Manual install:

• close all instances of Notepad++
    • download the latest XML Tools – make sure to pick x64 (64-bit) version (witout DEBUG) to match your Notepad++
    • in the plugins directory of your notepad++ install (c:\program files\notepad++\plugins), create an XMLTools folder
    • place the contents of the downloaded zipfile in the XmlTools folder, so that there exists c:\program files\notepad++\plugins\XMLTools\XMLTools.dll
    • open Notepad++
    • Plugins > XML Tools should exist

@gurikbal-singh,

That in no way helped the original poster to accomplish the goal of installing XML Tools. If you have a valid reason for recommending that tool over the XML Tools plugin [*], then you may make your case; but just dropping in with a “download this unknown tool” message doesn’t help the discussion.

edit: after hitting SUBMIT, I realized that maybe the “psiphon” tool was something that can help overcome a corporate firewall; if so, you should really explain that. Also, you should point out that trying to bypass corporate security is grounds for firing at many corporations, so caveat emptor.

• i’dont know about my network but without psiphon i could not install 3p plugin auto update sometimes.

• I’m glad that psiphon helped you with auto-update. I don’t know if using such an app would be allowed in @tanu-uppal’s circumstances; and if it’s trying to circumvent corporate firewalls, I wouldn’t advise @tanu-uppal take that approach. Thank you for your clarification.

• This post is deleted!

• also can’t install xml tools.

Notepad++ v7.6.6 (32-bit)
    Build time : Apr 3 2019 - 23:49:50
    Path : C:\Program Files\Text Editors\Notepad++\notepad++.exe
    Admin mode : ON
    Local Conf mode : OFF
    Plugins : EmmetNPP.dll mimeTools.dll NppConverter.dll NppExport.dll PythonScript.dll

tried plugins admin 3 times. it restart but no xml tools

checked ping - all ok, no proxy