When Switching Tabs - Why does the Viewport Change Unexpectedly When Returning?
Maybe i am not understanding the value and it’s not a bug, but here is an example:
- You have 2 tabs open: a text file and a PHP file
- You place your cursor at a function() in the php code (the window’s viewport is positioned in a way that the cursor is seen at the center of N++)
- Go the text file (other tab).
- Either drag the scroll bar to a different location or simply move the cursor in a way that the viewport has been adjusted.
- Go back to the php file tab
- Note the viewport is now at a different location and so you must hit your cursor key for N++ to jump to the real location.
Personally, i find that annoying. Is there a way to either turn off that “feature” or possibly get a fix for this? When i return to a tab the viewport for that tab should be where i left it. Beyond that, overall, it’s a brilliant product.
Thank you Alan