Notepad++ doesn't find the accented characters with the "Find in files" function
I don’t know about other readers, but the additional exposition definitely helped me understand more about it. Thank you.
I think @guy038 might be in the best position to help you explore this. Hopefully he continues to contribute to this thread.
Meanwhile, of interest might be THIS. Of course, you could be the author of that; I can’t tell from the usernames, but they are certainly dissimilar (means nothing, though).
I’m here to try to get in touch with the developer himself, because he doesn’t want to be bothered by mail for bug reports
Good luck with that. Many have tried. Many have failed. :-)
there is not a appropriate category in here to send bug reports of the tool itself.
Correct. It wouldn’t be “here”. THIS describes the actual bug report process.
The last working version was the 7.6.6 one.
I see a “big” version bump in Scintilla between N++ 7.6.6 (uses Scintilla 3.5.6) and N++ 7.7 (uses Scintilla 4.1.4). Maybe there is something in that which drives this behavior change? Of course, maybe not as well…
Ok, thank you ^^
At least, I can try to write a bug report on Github with all the details even if others tried before, you never know…
I can try to write a bug report on Github
I would certainly say you should ADD to the existing one I linked earlier…did you see that link?
Yeah. If you think this is better, ok, I just will do that.
Done, let’s pray now.
Alan Kilborn last edited by Alan Kilborn
THIS seems to give some weight to my “Scintilla update” theory (or guess, actually).
guy038 last edited by guy038
Aaaaah, yes :-(( @atelier-traduction, you’re quite right about it. I’ve never noticed that bug, yet ! Indeed, as I replied, in that forum, in English, all my text files are, mainly, written in English, so without any accentuated characters !
Compared to you, with my local N++ configuration, the accentuated characters are even not displayed at all, in the
Search resultpanel !
This only happens under three conditions :
A search has been successful and the file is currently seen in the
The file is presently not opened in a Notepad++ session, either in the main or in the secondary session
The file is
ANSIencoded ( All the other
Unicodeencodings are OK ! )
Note that, in addition, if the search, itself, contained accentuated characters, the Find result panel does not show the
I also confirm, as you said, that this bug occurs since Notepad++
I get no time, presently, but I’ll open an issue on
GitHubvery soon !
Atelier Traduction last edited by Atelier Traduction
I just would like to add that the “Search result” doesn’t find anything if accentuated characters are searched for.
You can see these squares because I put the term “em” to find. If I put “rétablissement”, the “Search result” panel doesn’t find anything, so I don’t agree with the “the file is currently seen in the Search result panel” part. Or I misinterpreted your phrasing.
guy038 last edited by guy038
Done ! See my comment on
After further tests, problem occurs with any character between
donho last edited by
Fixed in https://github.com/notepad-plus-plus/notepad-plus-plus/commit/c5a0ed7c1aaac56dc96deabba8dd5e7cba261b2d
It will come with next release.