Notification on update document without saving

• What’s NPPN_ constant using for notify at update document without saving?

• Notifications are documented https://npp-user-manual.org/docs/plugin-communication/#notepad-notifications

I’m not sure what you mean by “at update document without saving”. If you can clarify that…

• @PeterJones said in Notification on update document without saving:

If you can clarify that

notification called on change text(SCI_...TEXT message) in active view

• Hello,@WinterSilence

New feature added in Notepad 6.6 for which the release notes say:

• The main feature of this release is Session snapshot & periodic backup. If this feature is enabled (enabled by default), user won’t be asked to save unsaved file as he quits Notepad++, and on startup Notepad++ restores the unsaved file and unsaved untitled document of last session.

This facility is controlled via menu => Settings => Preferences => Backup. For more details see also this section of the Notepad++ User Manual.

I hope this information will be useful .
    Thank you.

• @Prahlad-Makwana4145

Session notifications are sent by timer, not by updating doc text. I can check SCI GETTEXT by timer without this, but it’s 100% freeze npp+.

• I’m found:

SCN_MODIFIED
    This notification is sent when the text or styling of the document changes or is about to change. You can set a mask for the notifications that are sent to the container with SCI_SETMODEVENTMASK. The notification structure contains information about what changed, how the change occurred and whether this changed the number of lines in the document. No modifications may be performed while in a SCN_MODIFIED event.

• @WinterSilence it’s better:

SCEN_CHANGE (768) is fired when the text (not the style) of the document changes. This notification is sent using the WM_COMMAND message on Windows and the “command” signal on GTK as this is the behaviour of the standard Edit control (SCEN_CHANGE has the same value as the Windows Edit control EN_CHANGE). No other information is sent. If you need more detailed information use SCN_MODIFIED. You can filter the types of changes you are notified about with SCI_SETMODEVENTMASK and SCI_SETCOMMANDEVENTS.

• Need help, I dont work in Delphi 5-6 years and remembered only base, please check my Pascal code(Delphi10) for NppPlugin.pas:

constructor TNppPlugin.Create;
    begin
      // filter: send notifications on insert text
      SendMessage(self.NppData.ScintillaMainHandle, SciSupport.SCI_SETMODEVENTMASK, SciSupport.SC_MOD_INSERTTEXT, 0);
      inherited;
    end;

procedure TNppPlugin.BeNotified(sn: PSCNotification);
    begin
      if (HWND(sn^.nmhdr.hwndFrom) = self.NppData.NppHandle) and (sn^.nmhdr.code = NPPN_TB_MODIFICATION) then
      begin
        self.DoNppnToolbarModification;
      end
      else
        if (HWND(sn^.nmhdr.hwndFrom) = self.NppData.NppHandle) and (sn^.nmhdr.code = NPPN_SHUTDOWN) then
        begin
            self.DoNppnShutdown;
        end
      else
        // catch notification on insert
        if (HWND(sn^.nmhdr.hwndFrom) == self.NppData.ScintillaMainHandle) and (sn.modificationType = SciSupport.SC_MOD_INSERTTEXT) and (sn^.nmhdr.code = SciSupport.SCN_MODIFIED) then
        begin
            self.DoNppnSciUpdate(sn);
        end;
    end;

// overrides 
    procedure TNppPlugin.DoNppnSciUpdate(sn: PSCNotification);
    begin
      // @todo check sn.text and sn.position in sn.line to detect `/**` at line end 
    end;

• @WinterSilence

I don’t think anybody is going to “check your Pascal code”.
    If you have a specific question about something relating to it, that is different…but you’re going to have to come out and actually ask the question.

• @Alan-Kilborn The question is, do I correctly catch notifications or is there a better solution?