Forum private message

• Is there a way to send a private message to a user in this forum? I know i can @ someone to “alert” them to a public post where I mention them, but can I send a private message to only a given user that’s only visible to me and the user?

I did a little searching, but certainly not exhaustive and could have easily missed something.

Cheers.

• @Michael-Vincent ,

In all my searching, that feature is not available in our version of the NodeBB software. But I’d love to be proven wrong.

• @guy038,

As Moderator, do you have the power to enable new features on the Forum’s NodeBB software? I doubt it, but it’s worth asking. If you don’t, maybe you could pass along a couple of forum-related requests to Don.

1. Is there a “private messaging” feature on NodeBB that can be enabled?
    2. As seen in recent Forum posts, many users expect the email notification setting in the user’s Forum settings to actually send email notification.

• This post is deleted!

• Hi, @Michael-vincent, @peterjones and All,

First of all, I would like to test my own account ! So, I just selected the choice Notifications & Email for the first question of the Notification & sounds section, that is to say : When someone upvotes your post. May be, as a moderator, I would be allowed to receive e-mail notifications ?

On my old XP machine I am not notified of the arrival of a message. So, nice ! With this way, I’m sure I won’t forget any message from my mailbox ;-))

BR

guy038

• Hi, All,

I’ve just seen that @andrecool-68 upvoted my previous post ! Alas, even with a few extra privileges, no new message received :-((

Well, it’s almost midnight ! We’ll see tomorrow, if you don’t mind !

Cheers,

guy038

• Hi, @peterjones, @michael-vincent and All,

Indeed, I have not receive any NodeBB notifications, yet, in my mail-box !

Now, choosing the Admin option, in the top NodeBB toolbar, opens the Dashboard window, below :

714651a1-941c-48c8-a293-a09de25676a8-image.png

Of course, clicking on the the settings option opens a sub-menu, with many options :

General
    User
    Group
    Tags
    Upload
    Chat
    Pagination
    Notifications
    Cookies
    Web Crawler
    Sockets
    Advanced

However, I don’t want to modify anything, by myself and, anyway, I don’t even know if I have the privileges to do so ! I would prefer that @Don-Ho, asks a Node-BB administrator to see how to change these options, in order to get the user’s requests !

BTW, are you able, guys, to open this Dashboard menu and/or one of its sub-menus ?

Cheers

guy038

• @guy038 said in Forum private message:

BTW, are you able, guys, to open this Dashboard menu and/or one of its sub-menus

Nope. The admin/dashboard isn’t even a visible option for us mere mortals. It appears to only be available to Admins/Moderators.