Macros dissapeared

• Hi techies
    My macros I have been doing has suddenly dissapeared.
    My shortcuts.xml file is located as it always have been.
    I installed two plugins; “Column tools” and “Customize toolbar” and then my saved macros has dissapeared.

My debug info is:
    Notepad++ v7.9.5 (64-bit)
    Build time : Mar 21 2021 - 02:13:17
    Path : C:\Program Files\Notepad++\notepad++.exe
    Admin mode : OFF
    Local Conf mode : OFF
    OS Name : Windows 10 Enterprise (64-bit)
    OS Version : 1809
    OS Build : 17763.1879
    Current ANSI codepage : 1252
    Plugins : ColumnTools.dll DSpellCheck.dll mimeTools.dll NppConverter.dll NppExport.dll _CustomizeToolbar.dll

• When I create a new macro and save it, it doesn’t appear in my shortcuts.xml

The main question is off cause: How do I get Notepad++ to see my file?

• @Jens-Holme-Bjørneboe said in Macros dissapeared:

When I create a new macro and save it, it doesn’t appear in my shortcuts.xml

I this a new Notepad++ install?

What directory path is the ‘shortcuts.xml’ you are referencing? Based on your debug info (Local Conf mode: OFF) I think the ‘shortcuts.xml’ will be under %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++.

Did you try launching with the -noPlugin command line option to disable all the plugins to see if they are causing the issue? Note that I have both of those plugins installed and can create and save Macros. Also note I’m using the latest release candidate and local config mode is ON for me (meaning my ‘shortcuts.xml’ is in my Notepad++ install folder).

Cheers.

• I now tried to uninstall the program and then re-install, with no luck.
    I’ve tried to delete the Shorcuts.xml and the copy my backup information to the new generated file (with no shortcut keys), with no luck.

I’m not sure how to start the program with the command line option. Do I need to go to the program folder and create a shortcut to run the file with the option added?

• @Jens-Holme-Bjørneboe said in Macros dissapeared:

I’ve tried to delete the Shorcuts.xml and the copy my backup information to the new generated file

Where is the ‘shortcuts.xml’ you are talking about? Again, based on your Debug Info, it’s probably not the one in the Notepad++ install directory. Did you try to create a new Macro and save it? Does it show up on a Notepad++ relaunch? If so, it’s being saved in your Shortcuts.xml file - you need to find the “right one” - again, probably in %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++.

I’m not sure how to start the program with the command line option.

From Windows, use the Start menu, “Run” and run Command Prompt (cmd.exe). For the prompt:

C:\> C:\path\to\your\Notepad++\install\notepad++.exe -noPlugin

Cheers.