Notepad++ v8 Release Candidate 3
donho last edited by donho
Notepad++ v8 Release Candidate is available here:
The fixes of RC3 from the RC2:
- Invert lightness of plugin toolbar icons for dark mode (if present).
- Add new API NPPM_ADDTOOLBARICON_FORDARKMODE for dark mode.
- Add 1 click action (SHIFT-click) on close button to close all tabs in dockable panel.
Notepad++ v8 new features & bug-fixes:
- Add Dark Mode. (Implement #9183 & #7692)
- ARM64 build is available. (Implement #5158)
- One button to build them all - build Notepad++ with Scintilla static lib and Boost RegExpr headers. (Implement #9594)
- Add new Fluent UI icons for toolbar. (Implement #9742)
- Add new feature “Distraction Free Mode” (Menu “View->Distraction Free Mode”).
- Add new API NPPM_ADDTOOLBARICON_FORDARKMODE for dark mode (Implement #9928).
- Add 1 click action (SHIFT-click) on close button to close all tabs in dockable panel (Implement #8922.
- Add ability of changing select text foreground color (optional). (Fix #3397 & #1314)
- Allow Replace to stop after replacement (optional). (Implement #4437)
- Add ability to reverse line order. (Implement #9837)
- Add ability to style only current instance of text. (Fix #9263)
- Fix duplicated entries in Auto-Completion pop-up window. (Fix #9711)
- Fix Python Function List not showing functions in some circumstance. (Fix #9844)
- Enhance Folder as Workspace performance while adding/removing files in bulk. (Fix #9203)
- Add Ada, Fortran, Fortran77 & Haskell in function lists. (Fix #9698)
- Improve performance of “Open all” command in Search results. (Fix #9819)
- Add “Copy Pathnames” command to Search results context menu. (Fix #9821)
- Catch regex search exceptions and show exception message. (Fix #9565)
- Add MarkAll Preference settings for case and word. (Fix #9751 & #5148)
- Fix regression: Handle “Default Directory” setting correctly in Open/Save File Dialog. (Fix #9767)
- Fix a special character in UTF16 file crash issue (regression). (Fix #9797)
- Add “Append extension” checkbox to Save As dialog. (Implement #9515)
- Fix Copy command in Search result is available as there’s no selection. (Fix #9757)
- Add padding ability in the edit zone. (Fix #2323)
- Make new tab name translatable. (Fix #2837)
- Improve character case handling in RegEx. (Fix #9636)
- Fix dragged out UDL file is not applied to UDL in the new instance. (Fix #3451)
- Add command line parameter for adding specified string to app title bar. (Implement #9539)
- Fix Auto-Completion ignoring case issue. (Fix #3997, #4833 & #4998)
- Fix “Match Whole Word” option being enabled in RegEx Search. (Fix #9766)
- Fix sort with column key selection that appears after tab characters. (Fix #9682)
- Fix “Reload Workspace” menu command not working issue. (Fix #9350)
- Fix view file in Edge browser failure issue if name contains spaces. (Fix #9313)
- Add ability to avoid accumulating multiple search results. (Fix #8777)
- Fix UTF-16 decoding/encoding for code points above U+FFFF. (Fix #9597, #3747 & #5754)
- Fix “Save As” command removing original path from recent files history issue. (Fix #9673)
- Fix function List button tool tips mixed up issue. (Fix #9804)
The release will be out in about
6 43 days if there’s no critical bug found.
PeterJones last edited by PeterJones
24 hours with no complaints! It’s a world record! :-)
Other than the fix to “Append Extension” in the SaveAs dialog, I haven’t yet found anything that doesn’t work the way it’s described in v8.0-RC3. (If only that PR had been a couple hours earlier… Pesky real life getting in the way of contributors’ schedules. ;-) )
Thanks for all your effort on this.
HMin124 last edited by
This post is deleted!
HMin124 last edited by
for URLs that are within SINGLE quotes, the closing quote (%27) is included as part of the URL.
It works fine for URLs within double quotes, but not single.
You can even see the URL underline extend to include a single quote, but not when in double quotes (see image)
PeterJones last edited by
The same thing happens in v7.9.5, so while I agree that it is a bug, it is not a regression specific to the upgrade to v8.0. Bugs like that should be reported by creating an issue in the github-based issues tracker – but you might want to search there to see whether it’s been reported already or not.
guy038 last edited by