Flickering when changing tabs
I have the strange behavior of Npp that it flickers when I change the tab. When a currently inactive tab/document is not at the very top (meaning I have scrolled down a bit) and then that tab is activated, for a split second the document is at the top and then Npp jumps to the correct position. That creates the impression of flickering.
Is this normal behavior of Npp?
I have the strange behavior of Npp that it flickers when I change the tab.
There are a number of questions.
- What version of Notepad++ are you using (? on the main menu, then Debug Info).
- What plugins are used. As per #1, if you copy the info then paste here it has all info for #1 and #2.
- What type of file is being viewed, file extension and how big is the file. Possibly a lexer is “painting” the data in the file and if your PC is underpowered or has many tasks running it might be the cause.
- Possibly run Notepad++ without any plugins (see the Command Line Arguments under ? on main menu.
- Consider downloading a portable version (so no customising) and run that to view the same file. Latest version (I don’t suggest using v8 for this test) is aailable at https://notepad-plus-plus.org/downloads/v7.9.5/
Notepad++ v8 (64-bit)
Build time : Jun 6 2021 - 18:38:25
Path : C:\Program Files\Notepad++\notepad++.exe
Command Line :
Admin mode : OFF
Local Conf mode : OFF
Cloud Config : OFF
OS Name : Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
OS Version : 2004
OS Build : 19041.1052
Current ANSI codepage : 1252
Plugins : mimeTools.dll NppConverter.dll NppExport.dll RunMe.dll VisualStudioLineCopy.dll
Although it also occurs when I use a fresh portable version. The files are relatively small XML files. It is especially visible in the document map. It only occurs when the »Word wrap« option is enabled, but then also on another (powerful) PC.