How do you choose a specific value between a csv
Ashwin Thomas last edited by
For example , suppose my csv file in notepad++ has entries like
- Name1, Place1, Animal1, Thing1
- Name2, Place2, Animal2, Thing2
How do we like select the Place entry from all the rows ?
Ekopalypse last edited by
I assume that your real data is not formatted as nicely as you have shown, right?
If it is, then use the “Edit->Select Start/End” function.
If not, then what do you want to do with the data once it is selected?
Can the CSV plugin or the Analyze plugin help?
artie-finkelstein last edited by
Assuming it’s a regular CSV file I’d:
- select the lines to be copied from
- use the “\TextFX\TextFX Edit\E:Line up multiple lines by (,)” option
- carefully check to make sure TextFX didn’t get confused by commas inside the quoted fields; it may not get confused, but if it did get confused STOP NOW and undo (Ctrl-Z) the alignment option (or throw away this edit session)
- use Alt-‘left click’ and drag to mark the source block
- Ctrl-C to copy the block into the clipboard
- paste the block in the clipboard to wherever you want it
- optionally undo (Ctrl-Z) the alignment performed on the original tab