Notepad++ v8.2.2 Release Candidate 4
Sorry for making you test again due to my errors.
Here’s Notepad++ v8.2.2 Release Candidate 4 (it’s the last one, hopefully):
- Fix 2 logic errors.
- Fix crash on opening file with wild card characters. (Fix #11098)
- Fix crash regression in UDL dialog. (Fix #11101)
- Improve 200MB+ files loading/editing performance. (ref: https://github.com/notepad-plus-plus/notepad-plus-plus/commit/774321e0997e9561482124cd66007cee3c224758)
- Fix unsaved untitled files not being opened on the next session regression (Fix 11080)
The loading of large files (200MB) disables automatically the following feature:
- Syntax highlighting (large files are loaded as normal files, users can apply the proper syntax highlighting manually)
- auto-completion (only for large files)
- snapshot period backup (only for large files)
- backup on save (only for large files)
- word wrap (persistent for all files. Need to re-enable it manually)
Due to the editing/browsing large files performance issue, the following feature are disabled for the large files (200MB) :
- braces match highlighting
- smart highlighting
- XML/HTML tags match highlighting
- clickable link generation
Thank you very much for your help!
YES :-D and the load time has been further improved.
Now my test file loads and saves 2.2GB in ~8 seconds on a Windows 7 x64, i5-2500 with 16GB DDR3 and SSD drive.
Using a lexer in such a case is … let’s say questionable, but users do what they do :-)
I checked all plugins for crashes when starting Notepad++. The problem is only with DSpellCheck_1.4.22 in 64bit Notepad++, but it has already been reported:
[169/169] End analyze: Plugin List: version: 1.4.3 arch: 32 plugins: 169 totalTime: 1 [min] 57 [s] pluginsOK: 169 pluginsBAD: 0 pluginsBADinfo: downloadBAD: 0 downloadBADinfo:
[127/127] End analyze: Plugin List: version: 1.4.3 arch: 64 plugins: 127 totalTime: 1 [min] 36 [s] pluginsOK: 126 pluginsBAD: 1 pluginsBADinfo: DSpellCheck_1.4.22 downloadBAD: 0 downloadBADinfo: