Notepad++ v8.5.2 Release Candidate
Notepad++ v8.5.2 Release Candidate:
- Enhance “Edit with Notepad++” context menu and fix several issues. (Fix #13399, #13410, #13425, #13438, #13440, #13446, #13457)
- Make Find/Replace dialog swap/copy button usage more explicit. (Fix #13368, #13021)
- Fix unexpected caret column jump post brace match. (Fix #13433)
- Add hits in-progress increased number to Search Progress dialog. (Fix #13364)
- Add HTML Hexadecimal column and more items to ASCII panel. (Fix #13347)
- Add ability to do leading spaces with Column Editor. (Fix #11148, #13309)
- Add programming language support for Hollywood. (Implement #13417)
- Fix dock panels visual glitch while finding in search results. (Fix #13402, #13459)
- Fix Mark dialog’s Copy Marked Text button is not macro-able issue. (Fix #13405)
- Dark mode enhancement: make focused combobox more visible. (Fix #13420)
- Fix find dialog flicker issue. (Fix #9536, #13381)
- Enhance Notepad++ icon’s display in system tray. (Fix #8971)
- Fix some options in Mark dialog not remembered though the session issue. (Fix #13277)
Please test “Edit with Notepad++” context menu (with installer), which has had a few issues in v8.5.1. These issues should be fixed in v8.5.2
Thank you in advance for your help!
Edit: you’re welcome to report your Notepad++ context menu installation results.
- For Windows 11, please let us know if “Edit with Notepad++” is installed on both Windows 11 modern menu and classic legacy menu (via “Show more options”).
- For the other OS, please report if it is installed on the classic legacy menu correctly, as previous Notepad++ versions do.
Everything seems to work as expected under Windows 7. Unfortunately the uninstaller does not remove
Thank you for your testing and report.
The uninstaller will clean it better in the official release of v8.5.2:
Windows 10 x86 => update from 8.5.1 to 8.5.2 => context menu entry is working
From the version ‘npp.8.4.5.Installer.x64’ text modules ( AutoHotkey) can no longer be inserted, with earlier versions it worked. I need this urgently. Please correct the error.
FYI: it’s RC2 now.
It’ll be released in one day.