Community
    • Login

    How Do I Get Rid of the Line in the Margin When I Type Something?

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Help wanted · · · – – – · · ·
    5 Posts 3 Posters 90 Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • Troglo37T Offline
      Troglo37
      last edited by

      There’s a line that appears in the margin, and I can’t remove it. In a different tab, I accidentally typed a ` next to the margin. If I delete it, the line appears in the margin.

      I need to know how to remove those lines in the margin.

      CoisesC mpheathM 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • CoisesC Offline
        Coises @Troglo37
        last edited by

        @Troglo37 said:

        There’s a line that appears in the margin, and I can’t remove it. In a different tab, I accidentally typed a ` next to the margin. If I delete it, the line appears in the margin.

        I need to know how to remove those lines in the margin.

        Open Settings | Preferences… | Margins/Border/Edge and uncheck Change History: Show in the margin.

        Troglo37T 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
        • mpheathM Offline
          mpheath @Troglo37
          last edited by

          @Troglo37
          Some references may help with your decision:
          https://npp-user-manual.org/docs/editing/#change-history
          https://community.notepad-plus-plus.org/topic/23616/faq-new-change-history-feature

          Troglo37T 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • Troglo37T Offline
            Troglo37 @Coises
            last edited by

            @Coises Thanks!! It was driving me crazy that I couldn’t remove the line.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • Troglo37T Offline
              Troglo37 @mpheath
              last edited by

              @mpheath Okay, I’ll check it out. Thanks.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

              Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

              Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

              With your input, this post could be even better 💗

              Register Login
              • First post
                Last post
              The Community of users of the Notepad++ text editor.
              Powered by NodeBB | Contributors