Misinterpreted file



  • Hi,
    I have a particular file generated on the mainframe (Z/OS). I found that the file is misinterpreted on recent notepad++ version (v6.7.8.2 in my case), it shows wrong characters and the number of characters is more than it should be. On an old version of notepad++ (v6.5.2 for instance), it works properly.

    The following screenshot shows the difference between recent and old version : Capture

    I made some tests and I finally found that the bug appears on notepad++ v6.5.5

    To test it, use this file : File

    Thanks for helping



  • N++ tries to autodetect the character encoding in version 6.5.5 and later. It can be turned off in Settings -> Preferences -> Misc.


Log in to reply