the html codes don't work:



  • I do this code in notepad++ and in google chrome, it sho me the same thing
    *

    <!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
    <head>
    <title>my name is jaff</title>
    </head>
    <body>
    <h1> hi i am essa</h1>
    <hr/>
    <form action=“api.php” method=“GET”>
    username:<input type=“text”>
    <br></br>
    password:<input type=“password”>
    <br></br>
    <input type=“submit”>
    </form>
    </body>
    </html>



  • @essa-gamer Need to save as *.html file



  • @essa-gamer said:

    I do this code in notepad++ and in google chrome, it sho me the same thing

    Notepad++ is a text editor. Google Chrome is a web browser. They do two very different tasks.

    You can write your HTML in Notepad++ (and many do). And you can render your HTML in Chrome (or Firefox, or Edge, or Opera, or lynx) by saving the file as something.html and opening that file in the browser (with or without the intermediate step of uploading the HTML file to a webserver)

    If your question is with how to type your HTML in Notepad++, you could just paste what you have, do a File > Save As , and name it something.html or similar.

    If you question is why you see the source code rather than rendered HTML in your browser, my guess is that the file isn’t named with a .html extension, so Chrome thinks it’s a plain text file and displays it as such. But that’s not a notepad++ question.

    To upload the file to a webserver, you could use a Notepad++ plugin like NppFTP (you can install it from Plugins Admin in a modern Notepad++ version >= 7.6.3); or you could use your favorite *FTP client, like FileZilla; or if your server is WebDAV enabled or someplace that you can mount to your local PC, you could use windows explorer to copy the file. but that’s not a notepad++ question.

    If your question is with how to make the HTML do what you want, you are asking a cookie baking question, which would be better answered in an HTML forum.



  • Too much guessing (by the responders) for an OP that doesn’t want to put any effort into asking their question.



  • @PeterJones said:

    thank you very much



  • @Alan-Kilborn There are no guesses … 100% is not the correct file extension



  • @andrecool-68 said:

    There are no guesses

    I am quite certain that Alan was referring to my detailed answer, which covered not only the wrong file extension (which sure sounds like the probable cause), but also my other guesses as to what the OP might have meant.

    Alan frequently tries to convince me to put less effort into my responses, though I’m not sure why he hasn’t given that up as a lost cause. If I’m going to bother responding at all, I have an internal compulsion to give the extra details – whether it’s acknowledging ambiguity or exploring interesting-to-me edge cases, or what have you.

    There are no guesses … 100% is not the correct file extension

    Even when talking about how the OP should be interpreted, I disagree, because the sentence “I do this code in notepad++ and in google chrome, it sho me the same thing” could have other interpretations than yours. In fact, it didn’t hit me that the OP was probably trying to say “I see the raw html code when I open the file in Chrome” until after I had started my reply, at which point I added in my wrong-extension.

    But regardless of the interpretation, this really looks like a cookie baking question, because no matter what editor one uses, one has to name the HTML file correctly, one has to put it in a location visible to the browser, and one has to understand how to use HTML.



  • @PeterJones said:

    Alan frequently tries to convince me to put less effort into my responses, though I’m not sure why he hasn’t given that up as a lost cause.

    LOL, true, true. It seems to put the cosmos out of balance when the person that needs help puts 1% effort in, and those trying to help have to supply the other 99%. And that bugs me; maybe my annoyance with it is a “lost cause” as well.

    Another thing that bugs me is that we don’t really know how this turned out. All the OP said was “thanks”. Future readers with a similar question(!) will be mystified as well. But, could we really have expected more from the OP? I’m surprised Peter got the “thanks”.


Log in to reply