How to add blank line in the end of like a paragraph
This is what im working with
And when i do this command
It comes out like this
But what I want is to end up like this
Just one blank line at the end of each paragraph
So im asking, whats the command to do what i want
@khai29382 Hi. If you turn on “Show all characters” (backward P on toolbar, or View - Show Sym - Show All) and your lines end with
CRLF, then, Find
\r\n\r\nand Replace with
\r\n\r\n\r\nand you should be good.
If a different line ending is in use, state what you see for further assistance.
@neil-schipper how lessen the blank lines by 1, only want 2
@neil-schipper oh nvm tysm
@neil-schipper also how to put numers on top like this
whats the command
@khai29382 I would do this with a multi step process.
- Convert all occurrences of adjacent non-empty lines (which you’ve called paragraphs but are better described as blocks) to single lines using something like what is described here (note F&R mode change) except replace newlines with a unique (to your file) marker like TEMP_NEWLINE_MARKER. Now each block is a single (maybe long) line containing markers.
- Convert all occurrences of double newlines to single newlines (F&R mode should go from Regular Expr back to Extended). Now all lines are adjacent, there are no empty lines.
- Using Edit | Column Editor, insert the (same) marker (as in prior step) at the start of each line; no dead space before or after. (You may find link in next step helpful.)
- Insert a column of increasing numbers as described in this thread. So now every block has a leading number.
- Convert every newline to 2 or 3 (etc.) newlines based on the block spacing you want.
- Convert every occurrence of the marker text into a single newline.
Have fun. If an operation doesn’t work as you hoped, think about why and, use Ctl-z to undo, and then try something a little different.
@neil-schipper cant do the first step cause it will not work as it should
@khai29382 I have no solution that doesn’t require effort on your part.